Finding the appropriate practitioner to refer to is a top priority for GPs and an integral part of good patient care.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to access an up-to-date list of relevant Specialists and Allied Health practitioners, and write referrals from within your Best Practice software.
Alternatively, you can also book a free 15 minute Best Practice training call.
1. Navigate to the 'Letter Writer' icon in your Best Practice software
2. Choose your preferred letter template
3. Search for a Specialist or special interest. Once you start typing, a drop down menu will appear
4. Enter the suburb, post code or hospital most relevant for your patient
5. If your patient has private health insurance, select their chosen health fund
6. Browse the list of relevant Specialists and allied health practitioners and choose the option best-suited to your patient
7. Select a location and click 'Write a referral'
Voila! All relevant details have now been pre-populated into your referral letter template, ready to send!
HealthShare's Referrals Directory is available in Best Practice, MedicalDirector and via www.healthshare.com.au.
Need help getting setup? Book a free 15 minute Best Practice training call.